FASHIONCLASH MAASTRICHT




        


          FASHIONCLASH WINDOW DISPLAYS


I've been showing some work in Maastricht at an event called FASHIONCLASH which aims to show work that crosses disciplines related to fashion. The work is being exhibited in a large warehouse on the outskirts of the city and is a really beautiful space. It's been interesting to see the styles of work produced outside of London and it has been an opportunity to connect with other designers across Europe. The one dissapointment is that my name has been mispelt in the catalogue and publicity flyer - not good considering this is meant to be an expo. The spelling seems to be a Dutch translation of my surname: colligne.
I was also prevented from taking photographs of the dinosaur window display (shown above): the manager of the department store thought that I posed a security risk. I've read about photographers being prevented from taking street photography in London, but I hadn't realised that other European cities were being equally intolerant. Since I take inspiration from street scenes for some of my design work this is a worrying trend.
I'll post up photographs of the exhibition in a few days...

Comments