Museumaker pitch.


At the moment I'm having a lot of fun creating objects out of paper using stencil and origami techniques for a stop frame animation. This is for a pitch in January for the museumaker scheme. I hope it is successful - it's rare to get an opportunity to create beautifully crafted objects for performance in addition to working in such a beautiful setting. The outcome will be based upon Orleans House gallery, Strawberry Hill, Ham House and other historical sites, working with two collaborators, Jan and Simon. The thing we all share is a richness of response. The three of us have our core skills (designing/making, direction and sound) but we also have many additional skills, that sometimes makes it hard to easily categorise what it is that we exactly do. This is very useful when working on a project at this scale as we have more freedom to pursue our ideas without being so easily restricted by a small budget. But I have sometimes had problems with the range of my skills as it is sometimes hard to 'market' myself to people and find projects that will stretch my imagination to full potential.

Comments